One Million Dollar Boost Terms and Conditions
MILLION DOLLAR BOOST – Terms & Conditions (“Conditions of Entry”)
MILLION DOLLAR BOOST
Boost Juice Pty Ltd ABN 11 092 165 681, Level 1, Tower 2, Chadstone Place, 1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone VIC 3148. Ph: 03 9508 4409
Start date: 12.01am AEDT on 9th October 2017
End date: 11:59 pm AEDT on 5th November 2017
Entry is only open to all Australian residents aged 16 years of age or older who are a Boost Vibe Club Member. Entrants between 16 and up to but not including 18 years of age must have parental or legal guardian approval to enter.
In addition, if an entrant under the age of 18 wins a prize, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian, on the winner’s behalf, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, a consumer entrant must complete either of the following options:
(1) Option 1 – IN-STORE PURCHASE: purchase ANY SIZED BOOST (Smoothie, Blend, Juice or Crush) from any Boost Juice Store within Australia during the Promotion Period AND scan their Boost Juice Vibe Club Membership Card or Boost Juice App at time of purchase; OR
(2) Option 2 – BOOST JUICE APP PURCHASE: purchase ANY SIZED BOOST (Smoothie, Blend, Juice or Crush) via the Boost Juice App during the Promotional Period.
Completion of either option above amounts to an ‘’Eligible Consumer Entry” and a “Qualifying Purchase”.
Entries will be allocated into the draw, as per the entrant’s date/time of the scan/entry of their Vibe Club Membership Number (must be during the Promotional Period), and in accordance with the ‘Entries Permitted (Consumers)’ section below.
Proof of purchase: The consumer entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt for the Qualifying Purchase. Proof of purchase may be requested by the Promoter to validate an entrant’s entry/entries.
Eligible consumer entrants who complete an Eligible Consumer Entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will automatically be awarded one (1) Consumer draw entry in the Promotion for every ANY SIZED BOOST (Smoothie, Blend, Juice or Crush) drink purchased within the Qualifying Purchase.
If a “Bonus Product/s” is purchased in the Qualifying Purchase the eligible consumer entrant will also be awarded the following Consumer draw entries –
a) Consumer Draw:
o All valid consumer entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the Consumer Draw.
o The Consumer Draw will take place at 2pm AEDT on 8th November 2017 at Boost Juice at Level 1, Tower 2, Chadstone Place, 1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone VIC 3148. SA electronic draw approval No: 925
o The first valid entry drawn in the Consumer Draw will win that entrant (“Consumer Game Participant”) the opportunity to play a contingency game (the “Consumer Game”) for the chance to win AUD$1,000,000.
o The Consumer Game Participant will be notified via email and phone within two (2) business days of the Consumer Draw, and their name will be published at www.boostjuice.com.au on 10th November 2017.
b) Consumer Game:
o The Consumer Game will take place at a location in Melbourne CBD, Victoria on 17th November 2017 at 12pm (midday) AEDT. Exact location of the Consumer Game in Victoria will be determined by 31st October 2017 and published at www.boostjuice.com.au.
o In order to participate in the Consumer Game, if the drawn Consumer Game Participant resides outside of Victoria, he/she will receive: one (1) return economy airfare from his/her nearest capital city in Australia to Melbourne, Victoria and one night 4-star accommodation, valued together at up to AUD $1,000 depending on point of departure. If the drawn Consumer Game Participant resides within Victoria, the Consumer Game Participant will be responsible for transport to and from the Consumer Game. Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to in-room charges) and all other ancillary costs are not included.
o If the Consumer Game Participant cannot attend the Consumer Game, the Consumer Game Participant may appoint a proxy over 18 years of age to play the Consumer Game on his/her behalf provided the Consumer Game Participant gives the Promoter written, signed notice to that effect before the start of the Consumer Game. If the Promoter has not been able to contact the Consumer Game Participant before the start of the Consumer Game, a representative of the Promoter will play the Consumer Game on the Consumer Game Participant’s behalf.
o There will be 30 x Boost Juice cups, each containing an envelope (envelopes are numbered 1 to 30, with each envelope containing either a Winning or Non-Winning Symbol) available for selection in the Consumer Game, of which the Consumer Game Participant/proxy/representative (“Consumer Game Attendee”) will be able to select 2 numbers/cups from 1 to 30 numbered cups. If there is any dispute as to the number/cup selected by the Consumer Game Attendee, the Promoter’s decision will be final.
o 2 of the 30 Envelopes will include ‘Winning Symbols’ and the remaining 28 of the 30 Envelopes will include ‘Non-Winning Symbols’.
o A representative of the Promoter will select and open the two (2) envelopes (from inside the cups) corresponding to the two (2) numbers/cups selected by the Consumer Game Attendee – each envelope will contain either a winning symbol or a non-winning symbol. The Consumer Game Participant will receive the respective prize indicated below (subject to verification), based on the two (2) numbers/cups selected by the Consumer Game Attendee:
§ 2/2 winning symbols from 30 envelopes = AUD$1,000,000 (Consumer Grand Prize)
§ 1/2 winning symbols from 30 envelopes = AUD$10,000 (Consumer Major Prize)
§ 0/2 winning symbols from 30 envelopes – AUD$5,000 (Consumer Minor Prize)
N.B. A Loss Adjustor must be present at the Consumer Game to ensure the Consumer Game is conducted as per these Terms and Conditions.
o If either the Grand Prize or Major Prize is selected, the Loss Adjuster removes all envelopes and takes them back for validation of the claim.
o If the Grand Prize or Major Prize is not selected, the Loss Adjuster opens the Control envelope which reveals the number of the envelopes that has the two winning messages inside.
o The MC or Loss Adjuster then opens the winning envelopes to show the guests that the winning symbols were in there and that the mechanic is fair and secure.
Total Prize Pool:
Up to AUD $1,001,000
No prize is exchangeable or transferable, unless otherwise approved by the Promoter.
The exact method by which the prize will be awarded (e.g. via EFT, cheque, etc) will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
Prize(s) must be claimed by 9th February 2018 at 02:30 pm AEDT.
In the event of an unclaimed Consumer prize, the prize will be redrawn on 12th February 2018 at 02:30 pm AEDT at Boost Juice at Level 1, Tower 2, Chadstone Place, 1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone VIC 3148. The winner of the redraw will be notified by email and phone within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) at www.boostjuice.com.au by 23rd February 2018.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- If there is a dispute as to the exact date/time a Boost VIBE Club Membership Scan is completed and whether or not an eligible Boost drink product or bonus product is purchased, the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of Boost Juice stores, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter the Consumer specific element of this Promotion. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- Consumer entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in How to Enter for each entry as proof of purchase (“Proof of Purchase”). If a consumer entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as, if and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant’s respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant’s right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as a Boost Juice store within Australia; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (b) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and correctly corresponds to the entry date/time.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. There is no additional cost to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner’s behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 17/01589, NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/16760 and SA Permit No. T17/1481
Look who we’ve spotted dropping into Boost!
05th April 2021
03rd March 2021
31st January 2021
29th December 2020
22nd November 2020